Industrial lighting fixtures, also known as engineering lighting fixtures, include indoor lighting, outdoor installation lighting, station lighting, underground lighting, road lighting, warning lighting, obstacle lighting, etc. So, how should we choose industrial lighting fixtures, and what do we need to pay attention to here?
How should we choose industrial lighting？
1.Determine the illumination value of the required lamps based on the current national lighting standard value, color rendering index (Ra), glare value, precision of work, tightness of continuous work and other factors.
2.Determine the lighting method: general lighting should be provided indoors and outdoors, and local lighting should be provided in some precision processing workshops.
3.Determine the type of lighting: including emergency lighting, evacuation lighting, and safety lighting can be set up for special operations. Workshop lighting should be set up indoors, and some road lighting and landscape lighting should be set up in the factory area.
- Select light source: You can proceed according to the following principles:
(1) Energy saving principle. We need to choose some high-efficiency light sources. Energy saving and long life are the advantages of LED. From an energy-saving perspective, the luminous efficiency (lm/W) of LED lighting products is directly proportional to the energy-saving effect. The higher the luminous efficiency, the greater the energy saving effect. LED lights are energy-saving and environmentally friendly, and can continuously output work for a long time in high temperature environments, such as LED floodlights, industrial and mining lights, solar floodlights, etc., which are our first choice.
(2) The requirements of the location for the color rendering index of the light source. Generally choose Ra>80, and pay attention to choosing a color temperature suitable for the environment.
(3) Cost-benefit comparison. There are many types of light sources at present. Enterprise purchasing departments should pay attention to choosing light sources with high cost-effectiveness when purchasing. Consider factors such as lamp efficiency, initial investment and long-term operation. If appropriate, you can purchase some samples to go back and test.
(4) Principle of symmetry. The selection of lamps should consider the site environment factors and follow the principle of symmetry. The luminous efficiency of the lamps can be maximized through the arrangement design.
5.Matching with light sources: In order to save money, some companies now buy light sources from one company and lamps from that company. Obviously, this is not the best approach. Because if you take them separately, if the light source and the lamp are not matched, the lighting effect will be greatly affected. If some large enterprises have their own engineers, this problem can also be solved.
6.The appearance and weight of LED lights can also be used as a reference to judge whether they are good lamps. As an industrial product, the appearance of LED lights is also an important reference indicator. Big brand LED products will pay attention to the details of the appearance of the lamp to give consumers a good first impression. Therefore, the quality of products with exquisite workmanship, compact assembly, clear markings, and well-handled details will not be too bad. Because the appearance of the product is actually related to the manufacturer’s product industrial design and grinding tool investment, which is also the cost. In addition, the weight of the product is also a reference. LED products need to dissipate heat. Nowadays, in order to reduce costs, many products use ordinary plastic as the heat dissipation casing. The entire product is light and fluttery, and the quality of products that make noise everywhere when shaking is generally poor.
7.Consider the operating voltage and frequency of switching. Nowadays, most light sources have working voltages. You can check it or consult the supplier when purchasing. If the switching frequency is too high, the life of some light sources with filaments will be shortened, because when the power is first turned on, the current surge is large, and the current at that time is many times greater than the current when it is lit, so the filament is easy to break.But light-emitting diodes and electromagnetic induction lights will not. Because they do not have filaments, this is one of the reasons why LED and induction lamps have a longer life than metal halide lamps and sodium lamps.